Monday, April 18, 2011

Purple+Yellow=Spring!

Here's the outcome of the Lavender Honey blending project, embodied for you in this gratuitously springtimey mugshot:



I've posted this hat on Ravelry as my Chapeau de Slump. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. My mom was visiting, and she convinced me to spin up part of the yarn as knot yarn, so this hat has two or three rounds of knots every few inches.

I made the hat with no pattern. To get the ultra-slouchy effect, I increased aggressively in the first round after the ribbing, working (k1, kfb) around. Then I knit straight for about six inches, and then decreased for the crown in a hexagon. The unblocked hat is basically a sphere. It's quite floppy and fun to wear, although my ambition to make a less-loud hat seems to have fallen by the wayside. Enjoy some photos!

Yellow rolags (where have you seen these before?)


A purple rolag, freshly carded.


Singles!


Yarn! I don't do much woolen spinning, so it came out rather textured.


The fabric. I floated the knots on the right side (by slipping stitches) rather than knitting them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment