Friday, August 10, 2012

I call myself a gyroscope...

...because spinning keeps me stable. Or something. Anyway, I spun nearly every day of the Tour de Fleece this year. I missed one day--it was a very busy travel day, in my defense--but other than that, I did spin every day that wasn't a rest day. The total output for the whole shebang honestly doesn't look that impressive.

Untitled
But then again, the goal wasn't production; it was just spinning. I obviously have a lot of plying to do. I actually finished spinning and plied my July self-imposed spinning club fiber by the skin of my teeth, and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Untitled

I'm thinking I might do a striped project with this skein and this skein from late last year, what do you think?
photo
The real fun of the Tour de Fleece this year was that I got to spin in some really beautiful places in the month of July...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

For August, I actually decided to take a break from the club and spin something else, because I'm ahead of schedule. That sounds like I'm an overachiever, but really, I'm a person who sets the bar pretty low. A big part of that was keeping my monthly goals very reasonable--of the twelve projects I'd lined up, two were one ounce projects and five were two ounce projects. By chance, the four remaining projects are all four ounces...Anyway, here's some beautiful Rambouillet from CJ Designs that I just started this month. It's so puffy, while still being easy to draft, I just love it.
Untitled
I love it so much I finished the first ounce in about two days.
Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Wow, July's skein is amazing! (as are your "spinning in nature" shots). I would be tempted not to pair it with something, just to use it by itself, because it's so luminous. Are you going to any fancy balls which would require a beaded lacy shawl anytime soon? ;-)

    ReplyDelete